The Department organizes and guarantees research structures and promotes their development e adaptation to carry out research programmes, also in collaboration with public and private institutions, national and international companies.
The Department has the task of identifying the most suitable measures to favor the harmonious development of its scientific activities and quality and transparency policies, also taking advantage of the tools and resources made available by the University.
The Department promotes its natural interdisciplinarity, supported by integration of basic and applied research, making use of the structures, instruments and departmental staff, in synergy with national and international institutions.
The Department includes the following scientific-disciplinary sectors:
• AGR/01 ECONOMY AND RURAL APPRAISAL
• AGR/09 AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY AND MECHANIZATION
• AGR/17 LIVESTOCK SYSTEMS, ANIMAL BREEDING AND GENETICS
• AGR/18 ANIMAL NUTRITION AND FEEDING
• AGR/19 ANIMAL SCIENCE
• AGR/20 AQUACULTURE, POULTRY AND RABBIT SCIENCE
• BIO/10 BIOCHEMISTRY
• BIO/12 CLINICAL BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
• VET/01 VETERINARY ANATOMY
• VET/02 VETERINARY PHYSIOLOGY
• VET/03 VETERINARY PATHOLOGY
• VET/04 INSPECTION OF FOOD OF ANIMAL ORIGIN
• VET/05 INFECTIOUS DISEASES OF DOMESTIC ANIMALS
• VET/06 PARASITOLOGY AND ANIMAL PARASITIC DISEASES
• VET/07 VETERINARY PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY
• VET/08 VETERINARY CLINICAL MEDICINE
• VET/09 VETERINARY CLINICAL SURGERY
• VET/10 VETERINARY CLINICAL OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
The Department can extend the number and type of scientific disciplinary sectors of reference, with a view to acquire new skills useful for the improvement of scientific, didactic and third mission activities and innovation and technology transfer.
The Third Mission activity of the Department is aimed at increasing interaction with the socio-economic and cultural context, with particular regard to training, clinical-welfare, scientific dissemination and economic valorisation of knowledge, contributing to the growth of the cultural, health, economic and productive activities of the territory and of civil society. The Department develops educational, training and informational projects in its fields of relevance, too following programmatic and project agreements with the School Offices, the Regional Directorates and representative institutions of the area.